The most common types of litigation businesses might find themselves involved in relate to employment disputes. Employment disputes can take place at the state or federal level depending on the type of claims being made. The federal circuit to which North Carolina belongs is one of the most conservative in the nation. In this environment, successful employment law claims are quite challenging.
Some types of employment law disputes that may bring companies and employees to court include:
- Gender Discrimination and Equal Pay Issues
- Age Discrimination
- Discrimination against Race, National Origin & Religion
- Failure to Comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Sexual Harassment
- Wage and Hour Disputes
- Employment Agreements | Disputes and Negotiations
- Severance Pay, and
- less often, Whistleblower Litigation & Retaliation Claims
Katherine Langley is a skilled litigator representing clients throughout Western North Carolina. Whether you are a business defending against claims made by past or present employees or an employee seeking redress for an employer’s failure to comply, she can provide efficient, effective representation to your legal matter. To find out more about employment litigation representation offered at Burt Langley, call Katherine to schedule a consultation regarding your matter today.