Asheville Litigation Attorney
My family was not surprised that I became a lawyer. My mom and sister are artists and equal parts of the local band Hunnilicious. My dad owns a local dental laboratory and is a former aerobatics pilot. But I have always been the analyzer. According to my dad, I was always processing my surroundings, thinking deliberately, and eager to learn. To me, people have always been the most interesting thing to learn about.
In middle school, I was a peer mediator – not just because we got out of school for the training, but also because I liked learning people’s stories, getting the facts, and finding the best way forward. In high school, sports taught me how to work hard as part of a team. My high school basketball coach implored our team to “do our work early” during conditioning drills. As cliche as it may be, it is a lesson I never forgot. During law school at Carolina, my study partners knew that I never worked last-minute, never took shortcuts, and was always over-prepared. This hard work paid off in the form of two federal clerkships, during which I had the opportunity to discuss complex legal issues with incredibly talented colleagues and gain a perspective from the other side of the bench by bouncing ideas around with the judges themselves. My years there gave me the ability to speak confidently with anyone, regardless of position, in pursuit of the best result possible.
I want every client to feel confident knowing that I will bring the same passions, habits, and skills to his or her case. Prior to joining Burt Langley, I was set to work for a large law firm in Charlotte but quickly realized that to be at my best I needed to be in a small-group environment with relationships front and center. I wanted to build a professional practice in the place I have always called home. It is a blessing to be able to work on complex legal issues while still making it to my grandma’s house for Sunday lunch. I enjoy hiking and camping in the mountains with my wife as well watching the more-than-occasional documentary.
The litigation team and I look forward to working closely with you to find creative legal solutions.
- Law Clerk to The Honorable Anthony J. Scirica, United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, Philadelphia, PA
- Law Clerk to The Honorable Thomas D. Schroeder, United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina, Winston-Salem, NC
- Juris Doctor, University of North Carolina School of Law, Chapel Hill, NC, Order of the Coif and with High Honors
- Articles Editor for the North Carolina Law Review
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, with Highest Distinction
- Western District of North Carolina
- North Carolina Superior and District Courts
- North Carolina Bar Association