Estate Planning and Administration
Family and relationships are so important to me, and I know they are for you as well. It’s one of the reasons that, after practicing many types of law, I’ve settled into the areas of law that we all will eventually face: end-of-life planning and estate administration.
I know these are often difficult topics with challenging decisions for individuals and families, especially for adult children of elderly parents, the terminally ill, or those in nontraditional families. Newly legally married same-sex couples have special issues related to property ownership, inheritance, and adoption to consider.
My job is to provide you with clarity on the law and its legal consequences and to support you as we collaborate on finding the best ground plan for your needs and those of your family, however you define it.
When I met Katherine Langley, I discovered she speaks law like I do, in a way that is easily understood. Turned out our work ethic and principles are similar, too. We finally decided that our respective experience, perspectives, and skills were a great match – and we hung out our shingle in 2012. We’re delighted that our collaboration works as well for our clients as it does for us.
I like to spend my free time at my home in West Asheville with my two daughters, reading, watching a movie, or working on a project together. We also like yoga, music, camping, and hiking the local trails.
- Bachelor of Science, Criminology and Criminal Justice, Florida State University, cum laude
- Juris Doctor, St. Thomas School of Law in Miami, cum laude, 2000
- The Sutton Firm, Candler, NC 2000-2010
- The Hart Law Group, Asheville, NC 2011-2012
- Local, District and Superior Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- The 4th Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond, Virginia
- The United States Supreme Court
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Buncombe County Bar Association
- North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys (previously served as vice president of western chapter)